There’s so much happening in the world that can affect the way we move through this Earth. Death, violence, racial injustice are only a few. Happiness can be elusive or short-lived for so many of us but it doesn’t have to be. Here are 10 ways I personally stay positive even when it’s hard to:
- Don’t compare yourself to others
- Close your eyes and ears to things that disrupt your peace.
- Cultivate and environment of love and healthy communication by involving people with your same values and outlook on life.
- Be flexible to the curves and bumps in the road that life has. Bend don’t break.
- Quit self deprecating, affirm your worth daily with verbal affirmations.
- Do what you love , find an activity you enjoy and do it as often as possible. For me that’s writing or listening to music or jumping rope.
- Spend time with God, praying, worshipping however you choose.
- Allocate time to reflection. Count all the things that went well and all the things you need to improve on with gratitude.
- Spend time with loved ones. As busy as adulthood gets it’s easy to overlook those you love and we ought not to. Being around family and friends is a very comfortable and happy place for me.
- Be present. I’m guilty of not doing this enough. Be in the moment and enjoy ebbing and flowing of emotion.
Have a great week all!